Top Car Care Tips from our experts - Give your car a little love this weekend
Whilst the mechanical condition of your vehicle is important, you should also pay attention to keeping your car cosmetically sound and looking its best. In doing so, you not only ensure your car is maintained to the highest standard, but that it retains maximum resale value too.
There are many ways you can look after the bodywork on your car and we asked our team of professional technicians to give their top tips for ensuring your vehicle stays in immaculate condition.
- To keep your vehicle looking great, try to give the bodywork a wipe over with cold water every day. This might sound like a chore, but it's a great way to prevent the buildup of stubborn and hard to shift road grime and dust.
- When washing your car, don't forget those easy to miss areas such as your alloys and the inside of your wheel arches. Give bumpers a good wipe over too, and pay attention to inside your wheel arches.
- Even though most modern vehicles have a clear coat over the base colour paint, we still recommend polishing your paintwork at least every four months. Your paintwork will also be better protected with a coating of wax, so choose a good quality one for maximum protection. We would be happy to recommend one to you.
- Pay attention to any rust spots. Once rust takes hold, it will usually mean a replacement of the bumper or affected panel is necessary. The good news is that we can often take care of any dents, scratches or other areas of cosmetic damage to prevent the onset of rust.
- When driving, keep your distance from the car in front of you. Of course, this is important from a safety point of view, but it could also prevent stone chips hitting your vehicle and causing damage to your bodywork.
- Pay particular attention to your alloys during the winter months as road salt can start to cause corrosion. Also, take care of any scuffs or paintwork scratches before the elements have a chance to cause rust spots.
- When you wash your vehicle, be careful that you are not rubbing dirt and other particles into the paintwork. This can cause hairline scratches that may not be noticeable at first, but which could get worse and which could make your paintwork look less than perfect.
Need more advice? Looking to book car bodywork repairs?
At Dentfix, we are always delighted to give our customers the benefit of our experience and knowledge. Whether you have dents, cracks or scuffs in your car's bodywork, you need interior repairs or your alloy wheels need repairs, we can help.
Get in touch with our friendly and helpful team today to find out more about our services and the many ways we can help to restore your vehicle back to pristine condition. We would be delighted to tell you more and to arrange for our mobile repairs team to come to you.